Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Torn Down To Build Up

I have heard the question a lot lately…so how is life today?  There are so many aspects to life sometimes I ask…well, what part?  But most of the time, I’ll just share about what God has done in the last two and a half years this way…

Jesus has the parable of building on a solid foundation in Luke chapter 6 starting with verse 46:

“So why do you keep calling me ‘Lord, Lord!’ when you don’t do what I say? I will show you what it’s like when someone comes to me, listens to my teaching, and then follows it. It is like a person building a house who digs deep and lays the foundation on solid rock.  When the floodwaters rise and break against the house, it stands firm because it is well built.  But anyone who hears and doesn’t obey is like a person who builds a house without a foundation. When the floods sweep down against that house, it will collapse into a heap of ruins.”
The second part of that parable is what initially happened with me back in July of 2008…everything I had tried to build in my own flesh for almost 30 years came tumbling down in a heap of ruins when the storm of truth hit.  There was destruction of my family, relationships with friends, my career and ministries. For the remainder of 2008, God showed me where the rubble was, the cause of the rubble and I just had to start slowly clearing it away with God’s help. 

Through 2009, the clearing of the rubble continued.  He helped clean everything out and I started to see an emptiness where God could start to move in and work.  Then there was leveling, grating and smoothing the “lot.”  Finally digging deep to be able to start and lay the foundation on “The Solid Rock.” 

In 2010, the foundation of life has started to be built.  I’m talking about my internal life as well as my external life.  Internally I have been soaking up His Word and reading books from awesome authors leading me to a deeper relationship with Christ.  Externally with the blessing of working in a national radio ministry and having ministries returned at church, I am clearer on His purpose for my life.  This blog is even a part of that!  If I can encourage even one man, woman or couple to take seriously following Christ in all areas of life, it will be to the Glory of God!  I will be doing what I feel He has given me as my mission for the remaining days that I have on earth!

As I look ahead to 2011, I see the beginning of a new chapter and a new building going up.  But each “floor” will be built on the solid foundation of Christ and as He blesses, another “floor” will go up or another “chapter” will be written.  To God be the Glory!  For the things He has done and is doing!     

The short answer is, "I am a Blessed man!"

No comments: