Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

12. Epilogue

Yea, I regret big time that it took so long for the spiritual awakening in my life to take place.  Satan allowed the choices I made to destroy our family and many of my friendships.  I can’t say “the devil made me do it,” because that’s not factual.  He used my past to influence me and I made the choices in the flesh that hurt a lot of people.  One of the things my biblical counselor at Christian Life Ministries in South Dakota, Pat Karn, mentioned to me was to be aware that since I was now walking in the freedom of Christ, some people would still be angry with me and want me to continue to suffer.  

It is interesting to see the different ways many of the people affected by my choices have responded.  Some have come along side me and encouraged me during my self discovery, healing and growing process.  They have prayed for me and with me, given me meals, places to stay and monetary gifts as well as time.  Others continue to pray and remain friends, but somewhat at arms length.  Still others have completely written me out of their lives.  

As I have gone through the grieving, healing, and growth process, I know how I want to approach others who might go through the same thing.  I want to be there to lift them up, praying for them and being a spiritual encouragement for them in their awakening!

I still believe Satan would suffer a defeat if our family were to someday be restored.  Anytime God puts back together something Satan has torn apart, it becomes stronger and more effective for the Kingdom of Heaven.  As of this writing, that does not look likely.  But we serve a huge God and nothing is impossible for Him. 

If you have seen yourself in any of what you have read, please realize God’s promises for you when you choose Him!  It’s never too late to turn toward Christ and want to be more like Him.  Sometimes we make wrong choices and blessings are taken away, but God is always good!
                                                         
Jeremiah 29: 11-14  For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. In those days when you pray, I will listen. If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me. I will be found by you,” says the Lord. “I will end your captivity and restore your fortunes. I will gather you out of the nations where I sent you and will bring you home again to your own land.”    

May God richly bless you!   

No comments: